CINNAMON AIR – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
1. Who owns Cinnamon Air?
Cinnamon Air is owned by Saffron Aviation which is a joint venture between John Keells Holdings (PLC) MMBL Leisure Holdings and Phoenix ventures.
2. How many aircraft does cinnamon air have?
Cinnamon Air operates three Cessna grand caravans with two of them being amphibian aircraft and one of them a wheeled aircraft.
3. What are the services offered by Cinnamon Air?
• Daily scheduled flights
• Premium charter flights
• Scenic flights
4. Where does Cinnamon Air operate to?
• Daily Scheduled Flights are operated to Kandy, Sigiriya, Koggala, Dickwella, Trincomalee, Batticaloa, Weerawila and Castlereagh
• Charter Flights are operated to all scheduled destinations and Nuwara Eliya, Jaffna, Ampara, Kilinochchi, Bentota and Anuradhapura.
• We offer Scenic Flights over the regions of Colombo, Kandy, or Sigiriya.
5. Where is Cinnamon Air based?
The Airline is based out of Katunayake where it operates a dedicated domestic terminal (within the precincts of the Bandaranaike International Airport)
6. How does Cinnamon Air maintain their aircraft?
Cinnamon Air has its own purpose-built hangar and maintenance facilities
7. How does Cinnamon Air maintain their aircraft?
We have a seating capacity of eight on each plane.
8. How much baggage can we carry on our flight?
Cinnamon Air allows up to 23Kg of main luggage and 5Kg of hand luggage on board
9. Does Cinnamon Air operate in the night?
No, we do not. Currently, we are authorised to fly between the hours of 07:00hrs and 17:00hrs only
10. How old is Cinnamon Air?
As of the 1st of July 2019, Cinnamon Air has been in operation for 6 years
11. How many passengers have Cinnamon Air served?
Cinnamon Air has served more than 70,000 passengers since inception on their scheduled and charter flight services.
12. How many scheduled flights a week does Cinnamon Air have?
Cinnamon Air over operates 80-100 scheduled flights a week.
13. How comfortable are the seats in the aircraft?
Cinnamon Air has 8 full leather seats to provide our passengers with maximum comfort.
14. Does Cinnamon Air have a Code Share partner?
Yes, we do. All Cinnamon Air scheduled flights operate in code share with SriLankan Airlines and are also be available for sale throughout the SriLankan Airlines network and all Travel Agents around the world via Global Distribution Systems, under a “UL” designated flight number.
15. Are there same day returns with Cinnamon Air?
Yes, we do operate same day return flights on selected locations (Please refer our Flight schedules
16. Does Cinnamon Air charge for children?
Cinnamon Air charges the full fare for children above 2 years old and charges 20% of the fare for infants between the ages fifteen (15) days old to twenty four (24) months old
17. Does Cinnamon Air accommodate Surf Boards?
We accommodate Surf Boards on our Charter Flights.
18. Does Cinnamon Air operate Scheduled flights to Nuwara Eliya?
Nuwara Eliya is served by our charter flight service only.
19. Are Cinnamon Air tickets refundable?
All tickets are non- refundable, unless otherwise stipulated by Cinnamon Air.
20. How early does Cinnamon Air require passengers to Check-In?
Passengers are required to check in will be 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
21. Does Cinnamon Air offer industry discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts up to 50% for those who are working for airlines.
22. What are the documents I need to produce at the airport?
Passengers may be asked to produce their ID cards / Passports and/or a printout of their e-ticket of travel at certain airports.
23. Is travel insurance provided by Cinnamon Air?
Yes, we offer travel insurance.
24. How much time is required to transfer from BIA terminal to the Cinnamon Air terminal?
Passengers need a minimum of 60 minutes at clearance.
25. How do I get my ticket when I book my flight online?
When a booking is made online, the passenger will receive an electronic ticket (e-ticket) to the email address that was provided during the booking process along with the travel itinerary.